This section of the site is intended to answer the most common questions that individual investors ask about the CREST system and the advantages and disadvantages of having a personal CREST account to help readers make the best use of the CREST Personal Members Account comparison table. It is not a technical guide to how the CREST record-keeping and settlement systems work. For that, please see the Euroclear UK and Ireland website and the many reference manuals it contains.
- What is CREST?
- Who can be a member of CREST?
- What are the advantages of CREST personal membership?
- How do you open a personal CREST account?
- What is the cost of a personal CREST account?
- Can personal CREST accounts be used for an ISA?
- Are personal CREST accounts safer than nominee accounts?
- Can foreign stocks be held in CREST?